Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Emma.





























Dear Emma,

I can’t believe tomorrow you will be nine years old. I know I always ask where does the time go? But, truly, I don’t know where it has gone. I wish sometimes I could stop it and hold keep you forever in my arms like you are now, and not let you grow.

I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. After 19 hours in labor, you came out so beautiful. I looked into your eyes and promised you I would always be there for you. I still mean that and live by that. I held you and never in my life had I felt love like that. For the first time, I became self-less and knew my world was no longer about me, it was about something more important. I had a new meaning of what life was. I knew I wanted to be a good mom and give you everything you deserved, but most of all I wanted to teach you all the things I knew you needed for the life ahead…I hope I have done my job so far and I will keep doing it.

You have always been an amazing little girl to me, maybe I should call you a young lady now. You have always been our “old soul” as I like to say. You feel things on such a deeper more emotional level than most kids your age do. Your understanding of life scares me, but lets me know that somehow you will be prepared for the road ahead. Your nurturing heart is captivating, and the way you take care of your friends is special. You are the oldest, and such an incredible big sister. You will always be the leader and they will always look up to you. Lead by example, and I know that Maya and Ava will have a great role model in you.

You are my perfectionist and always striving to do the right thing, I love that about you, but sometime wish I didn’t push so hard. I’m sorry for that. You have always been intelligent and way ahead of what you need to be. I am so proud of you for that. I am so proud of all your straight A’s and perfect report cards. I am so proud of the endless awards you win at school. I am so proud of the amazing writing you do and that every year each new teacher goes on and on about what an exceptional student and child you are. Those are the moments I live for. I am so proud of all your soccer games, and all the hard work and dedication you put into it. I can’t believe its been five years of it already…You are amazing at it!!! In fact, you are amazing at all you do.

I could not be any more proud and honored to have you as a daughter. Your dad, Tony, all the grandparents, Aunt Christi, Uncle Kyle, Vinny, and Maya & Ava, know how lucky we are to have you in our lives. You are surrounded by an entourage of people who adore you and love you. You will always have them wherever you go.

I want you to know that I love you more now than I did nine years ago, and each day it grows and grows. I will always be here, sometimes as your best friend, but always as your mother first. I will always try to do what is best for you, and keep in mind, you may not always like it, but one day you will understand (as my mother used to tell me). I will be proud of you no matter what you do, whether you play soccer at University Of Florida, or became a famous author. As long as you do what your heart says and you are happy I will always stand behind you..Keep up the great work, and know I love you so much my little Emma….our little Ariel…

Happy Birthday baby girl.
Love, Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You are a special young lady. Keep doing the right thing. Always follow your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!! I love to write also....This post was sooo sweet!!! I favorited you...I'll be reading!!!! Well get the kids together soon!!! Love

    ReplyDelete