Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Graduation and award ceremonies...2009.

I m the proudest mommy in the world today.....I have had two days, full of tears, and incredibly proud moments.

First, we had Maya's Kindergarten graduation. It was really hard, because I remembered walking her through these halls, 10 months ago, a shy and timid little girl, and out has come this vivacious little thing, who is excelling so well!!!

She got her diploma, and was oh so proud....They don't do a lot in Kindergarten for awards, but I will say Ms. Jones gave her the Most Improved Overall award, because Maya has come so far. She is now in the Top 5 of the class.

I am so proud of her and know that she will Kick some butt as a first grader!!!

Emma's was today, and, well that is just a hard one too, because I also remember walking her into school on her first day,4 years ago.

Emma got a lot of awards today. She first received the "Special Award" Each teacher is to pick one student from the class the was the best overall student for the year. One that showed great academics, but also great leadership, caring, respect, fairness...and so on. It is called the "Citizenship" award, and Emma got it. I was so proud with tears running down my eyes. And I will brag again, but she has received this award from every teacher, every year, since Kindergarten...I am soo proud of her!!!! It says a lot about who she is. She was also called up for the Principal Silver award for making Honor roll all year long. She also got her nine week honor roll award. We went back to the classroom for a little bit more and the teacher gave out individual awards. Emma's was Best Excellence Overall..it was the highest award the teacher gave. She said Emma was an amazing student who showed great strength and is always there to help anyone who needs it. She asked if Emma could please come back and help next year in her class....

I am so proud of these two amazing little girls. They have spent their elementary years so far being outstanding students. They have never spent a single moment in trouble at school, they always win awards, they always have positive things said about them. Even the school crossing guard has pulled me aside to tell me what amazing children I have. I just could not be any more proud of them!!!!

As a reward, Tony kept Ava today and we went to see the movie "UP" in 3D...I took some pics from there as well.....The three of us had a great little evening and it was a great way to say job well done!!!!

There are also a few pics of Ava trying to get in the fridge!!!

We are excited that Vinny flies in nexy week...Maya is turning 6 next week and we are off to celecrate her and Vinny's birthday at the Nickelodeon hotel!!!!

woo hoo..

It's great to be a mommy!!!!


1 comment: