Sunday, August 16, 2009

My mom.

I talk to my mom almost every day, and when we don't talk we email. It has become apparent to me lately that I call her for everything you would call your best friend for. I know I tell her often that I love her and how appreciate I am to have her in my life. But, I feel sometimes you can never say thank you enough so I wanted to do it again.

Thank you mom, for everything you do for me, Tony, the kids, and everyone around you.
You always make people feel so warm.

Thank you mom, for knowing when I need someone to listen to, cry to, laugh with, share with, and most of all, talk with.

Thank you mom, for a childhood that yes, was filled with some hard times, but one that was filled with many fun times, and one that made me who I was today.

Thank you mom, for being the most incredible grandmother that my kids could ever ask for. They are so lucky to have you in their lives.

Thank you mom, for being able to put me in my place when I am in need of it, and to tell me when I am wrong (hehe).

Thank you mom, for teaching me to be kind, generous, compassionate, and loving. It was you setting those examples for me that taught me to be that way.

Above all mom, thank you for being you. You are the rock in my life. Without you I would not be who I am today. We may not see eye to eye on everything, but I must say I am a lot like you, and I love that. I can't imagine my life with out you. I can't imagine not being able to call you every day. I can't imagine the girls not having their Memaw with them.

I hope you always know these things. I hope you always know what you mean to Christi and I. Sometimes I think you hold yourself on a low scale for things that happened in the past, but mom, let it go. I think, mistakes are made, forgiven, and then you move on.

I love you Mama...you are the best!!! Thanks for being my very best friend. I will never be able to thank you enough and say it enough, so this way, you can read this as often as you want, and know that even this far apart, I am thinking of you, and loving you so much!!!

Stinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment