Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For Grannie Annie.....(Ring and engagement story)



Anne,
I know Jim said you wanted a better picture of the ring, but it is really hard, maybe because of my camera...If you click on the picture it will make it bigger, so maybe this will help.

The engagement story is something I will cherish forever. I woke up that morning to a wonderful french toast and strawberry breakfast, which is my favorite!!! Then I was off for the most wonderful massage....Oh, that was heaven!!!! When I came back, Ava was asleep in Tony's arms, which was the sweetest sight to see. Tony took me to get a new dress, seeming how nothing in my closet fits me until I am done nursing Ava...So after that, I had yummy peanut butter chocolates waiting for me. An hour later, I got a dozen red roses delivered to me. You make think I would have thought something was up, but I get flowers once a week, and he does stuff like this all the time....He is so romantic, and I love it!!!! Then we went to dinner, and we were going downtown. He said he wanted to walk to the Bayfront by the fort, because he wanted to give me something. I had known I still had a late Christmas present, but he had been leading me to believe it was a camera, plus he was carrying a gift bag, that could have a camera inside. We walked over to the beautiful water and he pretty much got down and one knee and said stuff, that I would love to keep private and a moment that he and I will forever share in our hearts, and with tears in our eyes I said yes!!!!!! Of course I said yes..I am honored to marry this man!!!! It was a great day and night, and it was one of the most amazing things that has happened to me!!! I never knew love could feel like this. I never knew someone could treat you so right...I don't know your secret to parenting Jim and Anne, but whatever it is, I thank you for it. You raised a man of integrity, compassion, generosity, loyalty, honesty, and a man who is a wonderful father, friend, and soon to be husband. My family could not be happier. They are so excited for this. They think of Tony like a son already. I am so proud to be a part of the Marshall family. We love you all, and thank you for being such supportive families in this journey that we have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment